Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peltor Junior Earmuff, Blue #97023

Peltor Junior Earmuffs are designed expressly for protecting smaller heads from noise while hunting and shooting.
Customer Review: Works great for yard work, the shop, vacuuming
These allow my toddler sons to join me in the yard when I'm mowing the lawn or using the weedeater. With the mower and trimmer we also use safety glasses and observe precautions due to the hot motor, spinning blade and potentially flying debris. We also use the earmuffs in the shop with the vacuum and air compressor. Our shop is all hand tools but if we had power tools we'd use these for those too. I also wear an adult size set of earmuffs, and safety glasses. I even encourage my wife to use these vacuuming in the house. Hearing is easier to damage than a lot of folks think. We're no sissies either. My two year old helped me rebuild the motor on the mower and sharpen the blade last year. We also rebuilt a junk air compressor we got free. Now it's a cast iron workhorse. My boys were right there with me, becoming little men, and they're keeping safe too.
Customer Review: Great for Sensitives
My 3-year-old son has hyper-sensitive hearing. Blenders, lawn mowers, loud fans, etc sound *really* loud to him. He used to cover his eyes and ears with his 'blankie' in fear when he'd hear a loud noise. After talking with his therapist, I decided to get him a pair of these headphones. They've made a huge difference for us. Before I vacuum, I warn him it's going to be loud and offer him the headphones. He always says YES! He's no longer afraid of the vacuum. Same with the mower, blender... We bring it to the zoo with us because they have robo-tronic noises that used to FREAK him out. Now he's cool with it. It's so much better with these headphones. You can still hear voices really well with these on. (I've tried them myself while stretching them out). It's just the loud, droning-type noises that are quieted. Also, they *are* adjustable. The ear-cup thingy's slide down the metal wires to make them bigger. Totally worth the money for us.


ear hearing protection

No comments:

Post a Comment