Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peltor 97011 Shotgunner Hearing Protector

The Shotgunner Hearing Protector is a very compact muff. The low profile cups make it perfect for the trap or skeet shooter.
Customer Review: Peltor 97011 Shotgun Hearing Protector
I recently purchased this hearing proctor and I have to say it is money well spent. I go to the range once a month and these things work great. They are confortable and block out all the noise and shock wave of my handgun. I was hesitant to buy these because of the low price and I don't believe there is anything on the market to compare.
Customer Review: very nice earmuffs, though possibly not the best
These earmuffs are quite good. I am a firm believer in the Peltor brand now. However, depending on what you're using them for, you may be better suited getting a different kind, such as the Peltor H10A earmuffs (which are only a couple dollars more as of the time of this writing). FYI, I use earmuffs for studying, blocking out noise while taking public transportation (e.g. trolleys, subways), protecting my hearing while vacuuming or using power tools, and generally eliminating ambient noise around me. I do not shoot skeet or target practice regularly. Pros: -quite comfortable to wear, despite not being as comfortable as the H10A earmuffs -look cooler than the H10A earmuffs (if I were going to wear them in public, for instance, I would use these), both in terms of the color and the low-profile design -can fold up to become more compact for travel/storage (they become roughly the size and shape of a softball) unlike the H10A earmuffs -reduce the noise level by 21dB (according to the specs), which is pretty good Cons: -not quite as comfortable to wear as the H10A earmuffs, which are extremely comfortable -don't block out as much noise as the H10A earmuffs (29 dB according to specs); the difference is slight but noticeable -folding them up into a ball requires that you collapse the height-adjusters, meaning that every time you do so, you'll have to readjust them to your head later; in my opinion, this would not be practical to do very often -height adjusters aren't perfect in terms of ease or speed of use (you kind of have to wiggle each of them down individually), but they are good enough as long as you're not planning on adjusting them very frequently (and they're the same as the ones on the H10A earmuffs) -because of the fold-up design, they are not quite as easy to put on as the H10A earmuffs or other non-folding models (they're not hard to put on, they just require a little bit more effort by comparison) All things considered, I prefer the H10A earmuffs over these whenever I'm not in public. However, these are still a very good pair of earmuffs and they would probably work well for most applications.


ear hearing protection

No comments:

Post a Comment